Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Our first blogged hike.

Vince and I have taken this hike plenty of times.
It's the Red Butte Skyline Trail behind the U.
On this leg, we took a side trail through the Red Butte Arboretum.
The canyon's so beautiful this time of year.


This first picture is of Squirt at the trailhead.
Incidentally, that's my walking stick.
I've engraved the names of the hikes Vince and I have taken together on it. Maybe when we get older, I'll let him have it.







That's my boy, mugging for the camera-phone.
This is in the lower part of the trail near the creek.










Here's the view from our "Lunch Rock."
It serves as a pretty good midpoint for a short hike.
From here, we shimmy through the deer gate into the Arboretum.








The trails in the Arboretum are beautiful.
I took this shot in the "Sleepy Hollow" woods.
Here, Vince is waiting impatiently for Daddy to quit messing with the phone.

I had to preserve the moment!
I couldn't help myself.





Gotta love the Red Butte shorty.
It's pretty, semi-challenging and short.
Two hours and voila! Back at the house.

<-- Yeah, that's my finger.

Our next hike is going to be Antelope Island on May 5th.
It'll be the longest hike we've ever done, but I think he can hack it.

No comments: