Monday, July 20, 2009

Los Angeles: Saturday, June 20

We were big homebodies today and decided to hang out at the house in order to greet my sister, who was traveling in from Pasadena. When she arrived the two of us chatted the time away, catching up on work, children and all the little things that make life interesting. Best of all, both Amy and Vince were very affectionate in my sister’s company and were even comfortable enough to give big goodbye kisses and hugs to their Tia. My kids can be real champs sometimes.


After giving my sis a lift to the bus stop, I motored around my little burg to find a wifi hot spot I could use to check e-mail and post tweets. My first step was to check the local Starbucks. (You know, there just aren’t enough of those places!) Can you believe those knuckleheads CHARGE for the privilege of using their wifi?!? It’s like $25 for a year’s worth of use or something. Preposterous!!!


Thankfully, there was a Staples nearby that offered free wifi and I was eager to accept their generosity!

Tweets posted and e-mails checked!


As I was wrapping up, my sister-in-law (Eddie’s wife) phoned me up and told me that all the Palmdale Z’s had come to my parents’ house to visit and play with the children. What a pleasant surprise!!! I hurried back to my old place and spent the next four hours playing hacky-sack, ball bump, tag and wrestling with my kids, brother, nieces and nephew. It was rejuvenating! Best of all, my babies were treated to an LA summer staple…a visit to the Ice Cream Truck!!! (Ice cream sandwich for Squirt. Tweetie-bird fruit cream for Pooka. ;-)


As with all good things, the time finally came for the kids to go home. But instead of heading back to the High Desert, they informed me that they’d be staying in town and would be coming to visit tomorrow for Father’s Day! Extra time for playing and fellowship?!? Gimme, gimme!!!


It’s almost time for me to leave, LA. :-(

Be home soon, Love.

Most of these photos are covered in my LA Misc set. Enjoy!

.

No comments: