Monday, July 20, 2009

Los Angeles: Friday, June 19

I had to drop the “nah” to my brother for visiting his place in Palmdale. Sadly, I wasn’t proud of my resolve due to Eddie’s dutiful diligence in picking me up from LAX every trip and his children’s absolute affection for my wilas. Truth be told, I felt terribly guilty.


However, I was consoled of this decision when I saw my kids playing around my old backyard and chasing after my parents. Slowly but surely, Amy is starting to warm up to my P’s. She plays ball with her Grandma and frequently exchanges laughs with my Dad. As usual, Vince keeps to himself. But now he’s starting to seek out my parents for anything he might want and even snuggle up to them when he’s feeling blue. It’s all incredibly heartwarming.


Once we were ready, Mom, the kids and I paid a visit to one of Mom’s closest buddies so she could show the kids off. It was a very cordial and friendly visit. But the highlight for me was when Amy and Vince (once again) switched up their gifts from this lady…and Vince played with the cuddly teddy bear while Amy had her power ranger spin-off figures fight evil and boogie down. I’ve dubbed them “Drilltor” and “Blackhawk.” Amy absolutely loves them. (That’s it! I’m buying Amy some Transformers!)


For our trip, we motored out to beautiful Palos Verdes and the tide pool park near old Ft. Macarthur. It was a perfect day, the sun was hidden behind the clouds and the water was cool and pleasant. Vince and Amy took in the view and waded around the ankle-deep water, tossing stones and chasing hermit crabs. After a while the incoming tide chased the four of us away to the “park” part of the cliffside beach, where we changed the kids’ diapers and clothes, talked about how much we loved traveling and fed the seagulls.


When we returned to the house, it was time for dinner. Mom saw that I was starting to run out of steam and coerced me to take a nap while she and my dad watched and fed the kids. I must’ve been tired because I agreed to do it. That was around five. At about seven-thirty, I awoke to hear Amy and Mom playing ball in the backyard while Vince was playing with the Wiggles. They had behaved the whole time I had slept and met me with smiles and hugs when I woke up. It was such a great feeling that I rewarded them with a nice long flick (Ice Age) and a cool bath before bedtime.


Tomorrow I get to see my sister. I’ve got to make sure I can get to a free wi-fi zone so I can post all my current blog messages, tweets and pics.


We’re enjoying ourselves immensely.


But this would be much nicer if Lisa was here too. :-(


G’night, LA.

Miss you, Baby.

No comments: