Sunday, December 21, 2008

Winter Break!!!

I know what you're thinking....

Tom, where the heck have you been?
Well, the past semester has been a real drain on the home life.

First, I tried to make my penultimate undergrad semester as great as all my other ones. (Grad school reps are looking!)
Second, the double duty of schoolwork, grad apps and the GRE forced me to temporarily divorce Lisa and orphan the wilas until the deeds were done.

Now the winter break is finally here and the Fam and I are eagerly enjoying a beautiful trip to snow-covered Colorado. Yay.

First Stop:









The kids did great during the road trip from SLC. Sadly, Amy was positively mutinous by the time we reached GS. But once we pulled into the motel, little faces started to cheer up.

A Colorado winter is a beautiful thing to behold. Everything is pristine, clean and white. This is a shot from our room.







Here's a shot of the big spruce in the parking lot and the mountain in the background.








Lis and Amy were so glad to be off the road. Wrestling on the bed was a great way to doff some pent-up energy.







How "Grandma" can you get? She brought Christmas cookies from home!!! (Too bad the Broncos screwed the pooch that night, eh Mom?)






It's impossible to make a whistlestop in Glenwood Springs and not visit the hot springs pool. 37 degrees outside and 80 degrees in the water. Mmm, mmm, comfy.







Champ was digging it in a big way. He was splashing around and swimming underwater. He even jumped off the diving board a dozen times.






Amy on the other hand, could've lived without the trip. The pool was too big and the weather was too darn cold. She clung to Mama the whole time and facilitated our leaving early. (Phooey! Stupid ol' infants and their stupid ol' body heat problemsgrumblegrumble...)





Thankfully, my main man didn't blink an eye when I told him to get out. What a trooper.











Once we were washed up, we took a trip downtown to our favorite Italian restaurant, The Italian Underground!







The town was full of Christmas lights. so I tried my hand at some night shots...

I took this one as we were walking to the restaurant.









Just across the street was the Doc Holliday Tavern.
I'm especially proud of this image. (:3)







This little alley has so many memories for our family. Iwas happy to make another one.






Finally, we made it to the eatery. Because it was Sunday, there were no crowds or a waiting time. It was like hitting the jackpot.








After being tormented with a long car ride and potential hypothermia, we rewarded baby-girl with a hot plate of buttered spaghetti. Dig in, sweetie.





Well, from here it's on to Denver.
I'd like to thank my readers and apologize for falling off the face of the Earth these past few months. I'm sorry there have been so many unanswered e-mails and unreturned phone calls. But please rest assured that while my actions might not reflect it, y'all are in my heart and prayers.

Stay tuned, readers. There's more to come!

No comments: