Saturday, December 27, 2008

Winter Break 5: Merry Christmas!!!!


Christmas morning was a mad rush to get ready and head over to Ron's place. Mom had planned on taking some actual "portraits."

Sorry, this is as good as it gets with an Autie and a cranky toddler.






As usual, the presents were the biggest highlight for the kids!

A puzzle for my sweetie...







An interactive electronic game for Squirt...









A Little People dump truck for Amy...









And some Mr. Potatohead goodness for Boobaloo...
(a sure-fire win)








Amy's "big gift" was a Radio Flyer Inchworm that she absolutely loved!








No. Really. She...um...loved it!!!









Well. At least Vince got a kick out of it.







After spending the morning with the Watsons, we all loaded up the car and motored off to spend time with the Porches.


We were greeted at the door by Anne's big ol' Golden Lab.









Until finally all the Porches started showing up.
There's crazy Uncle Vince, my Vince's godfather.








Grandma Bea was a firecracker as usual.









Here was the full Porch presence for Christmas '08.
Where's Kevin and Chris?








Even with all the loot he got for Christmas, Vince was still entertained by the smallest things. In this case, Anne's "Dancing Santa" got the MVP. Thanks, Kringle.







Ho-HO! This spot was saved for a picture of Vince and Amy with all their Porch cousins!
But you know what? They IGNORED my kids the whole damned time we were there. Not even a "Hi" or a "Thanks" or a "Koochie-koo" or nothing. I don't think they spoke one damned word to us that I didn't pry out of their mouths. Way to show some love to the family, guys.
Don't mind my little retard.

Fuckers.



But, I refuse to end this post on a low note......

Peek-a-boo, Grandma!!!










Lots of lessons learned on this trip.
Lots of little nuggets of knowledge that I've locked away in my mind for next time.
Man, do I miss my family in CA.

No comments: