Monday, November 17, 2008

An Aftermath of New Opportunities!!!

Well, the GRE has come and gone.

Sadly, I didn't do as well as I had hoped.
But just like life, whenever one door closes another will open.
Inspiring, no? ;-)

Now, I am happy to announce that my new and improved Big Seven list is ready to be revealed!!!

And the winners are......




Ol' SHC! I could be a Paralegal!





UCMH! Great hands-on training!






Crazy Go Nuts University of Free Country, USA.

Mighty UP!

I could do it all from home!








Fightin' EGC! (Hey, it's close to the TRAX Station.)






Big DU-du.

Admissions process? Just open the door!





And the final bottom of the barrel potential grad school to I can apply to...


Brigham Young University!!!

(Yeah, I was pretty surprised too...;-)



In all seriousness....

While my GRE wasn't the best, I'll still be applying to my aforementioned grad programs and hoping that my academic record, letters of rec, personal statements and diverse background can highlight my potential.

Either way, here goes nothing.

1 comment:

generalripper said...

I'm sure you did fine mate! We've always thought you were a brainy guy; that you just needed a chance to show everyone what you could do.

I suggest sticking in Utah - if the program is working for Vince and if Utah is otherwise tolerable. Moving is a hardship and generates additional time and expense. Plus you've already got residency.

#2 would be Georgetown; seems like the premier location for international relations. Of course, it's a move, and it's expensive, but I'm sure there's great care for Vince and the museums are second to none.

#3 would be UNC Chapel Hill - you'd be close to Lisa's dad (unless he moved), and you already know your way around.

Sounds like you're doing well; drop me a line eh?