Saturday, June 2, 2007

New Gear for Zion!

Thanks to the generosity of my beautiful wife, I'm the recipient of a new backpack! With it, Squirt and I can effectively double our carrying capacity on hikes. While it's not my intention to weigh my boy down with excess junk, I want him to get used to having a larger pack for when the time comes for us to try some overnight stuff.



The gear upgrade is just in time for Mike, Vince and my trip to Zion National Park. We'll be staying at the KOA in Cedar City for two nights. While we're there, it's my hope to get the Taylor Creek hike and maybe the Emerald Pools under our belt. Squirt seems pretty excited. And I know I can't wait to hit the trail!

As usual the only hangups are the car trip and getting Mike used to bunking with Vince. Either way, it should be an adventure! ^_^;;;

No comments: