Monday, May 11, 2009

Graduation Visits!

While I was waxing poetic (or pathetic, depending on your taste), I forgot to mention that my entire family sans my Dad and Sister came to UT to watch the grad ceremonies and celebrate with me!

Check out the pics on Flickr! (I'll keep updating the album as new images are sent to me.)

It was a great time. And best of all, my kids got to bond with their cousins and relearn all those feelings that make a big family such a joy.

Above all, I was so Uncle-proud of my nieces and nephew.
They have all grown into these wonderful and independent young adults who are making the most of their lives and pursuing the passions that make them happy.

Can anyone ask for more than that? I hope my brother and sister take the time to pat themselves on the back. That's some awesome parenting.

As for my parents, it grieves me to hear that they're slowing down in their old age.
Yet my Mom is so fierce in her lust for life that she refuses to be tied down to her home. I hope she continues to travel wherever she pleases for as long as she pleases. It's good for her soul.

As for my old man, I'm getting the feeling that I should get my kids over to LA to see him ASAP.
A lot of this is due to the signals and messages I'm receiving from my siblings.
Things like:
"Dad's getting old, Thomas."
or
"You should try to get the kids over here to see him."
or the worst one...
"Dad's sick, Thomas. He's very sick."

Shit. I've got to get to LA quick, fast and in a hurry and bring my family along with me.
It scares me to say it, but I fear Thanatos may be casting his eyes westward.

I pray to God that I'm wrong.

No comments: