Saturday, April 18, 2009

Take that, Spammers!

I've had some problems with comment spammers junking up my beautiful blog.

Normally, these guys aren't too big of a problem.

But lately, ST's been bombarded by unidentifiable knuckleheads botting vague posts about my entries just before offering me a "miraculous way" to pay off my debt, regrow my hair, vacation in Cancun, make my wiener bigger or whatever.

Anyhow, this junk's gone on long enough and I'm not gonna take it anymore.

As of today, people leaving comments will have to key in a randomly generated word to verify that they're a real person at a real keyboard and not some random BS spam code floating about on the Aether.

I hope this won't discourage comments because I love to read 'em and reply to them.
Honestly.

And for you spammers that insist on actually typing out how you can help my dingle dangle deeper, well I promise to read your comment and laugh at your efforts before deleting your junk.

Hey. It's the least I can do.

No comments: