Sunday, July 27, 2008

Yellowstone Day #4

On Day #4, the bottom dropped out. Snow. Tons of it.

Considering that we live in Utah, this shouldn't have been a problem.

But... Seeing that it was June and our packing space was limited, we didn't prepare for the coldest of weather. :-(



This was the view from the hallway window. Wow, it was coming in sideways!

Sadly, the weather wasn't the best for little tykes to go out.






But that didn't stop all the adults (except me) from going into the park to take in the winter wonderland.

Check out Old Faithful in the snow!









Yep...Making snowmen in June.
Still think Global Climate Change is a myth? ;-)






I've got to say that our trip to Yellowstone was one of the most unusual and fulfilling experiences of my life. Best of all, I was happy to see my mother take in these natural wonders and enjoy an experience of a lifetime.

I'm really grateful that Mom was able to visit us and see Amy.
We miss you, Mom. Come back soon.

OK, Buffalo. Take us home!

1 comment:

John James said...

Wow, this reminds me of sitting in a car somewhere near Meers, Oklahoma, waiting for a herd of cows to cross the road. Someone in the car was just amazed to see real live cows!