Sunday, July 27, 2008

Happy 1st Birthday, Amelia!!! (7-26-2008)

One year ago, our family was blessed with a beautiful baby girl.

Barely big enough to lay on my forearm, her world was turned upside down when she was thrusted out of a warm comfortable womb into a world of noise, cold, hunger and fear.




Now a whole year has passed and that little girl has become more resilient, mobile, happy and affectionate.


What can I say?
You've come a long way, baby!






In celebration of my Baby Girl's first year of life, the Fam and I had a small "Hoo-rah" for Amy's special day. You know what that means? Birthday presents!!!


Lisa was of the mind that no little girl should go without her very own doll house.
Who was I to argue?







What better gift for my princess than her very own carriage and horse?








Our final gift was a golden oldie.
I think I even had a phone like this when I was just a baby.










Even Squirt got a treat.
Something for the best Big Brother in the world.













Let's face it. Presents for your one year old are just as much for parents as they are for children.

But anything that builds our hope for Amy's future can't be that bad.








Anyhow, it's time to play!









And just to show my readers how far she's come, here's Amy taking a wobbly walk out of our kitchen! Isn't she cute?

No comments: