Thursday, July 26, 2007

Alas, the New Addition!

Faithful readers, I'd like to introduce you to my newborn daughter, Amelia Grace.

She was born today at 4:09 pm, weighing in at 8 pounds, 12 ounces.
Lisa did it without any painkillers....au naturale.
The medical staff was very impressed with her endurance.

As for Amy, words cannot describe the feeling I felt when I first heard her cry. It was like music.
I was there for her first gaze into the world.
I was there for her first bath.
Heck, I was even there for her first sneeze.

It's going to be a great time for "firsts." I can't wait.
And now all of you can enjoy her first photos.










While it doesn't look it, Vince was in "Supreme Big Brother" mode. He regarded Amy with an incredible fascination, touching her face and showering her with kisses. And while we can't be sure whether he's accepted her or not, I'd like to think his affection is a good sign.

2 comments:

CeceliaZ said...

I'm so proud of you guys. She's beautiful, congradulations. I'm sure Vince will be a great big brother. Looks like Lisa will be back on her feet in no time. You take good care of yourself and your beautiful family Thomas. Love, hugs and kisses to you all.

Unknown said...

"What a beauty"! Her grandpa cannot wait to see her in person. Her pictures take me back to when Vince was a newborn. I am sure Vince loves her already, even if having a little sister sometimes can be a pain. He will not disappoint any of us in the long run when it comes to being a big brother.