Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Pancreawhatis?

Prancreatitis...or an inflammation of the pancreas.

Lisa's surgery has come and gone. And as predicted, her real trial has started.
She was laid out after the procedure, in horrible pain and unable to move.
It didn't matter to her though, because she was certain that she would be coming home on Tuesday...today.

Sadly, her release has been postponed due to an onset of pancreatitis.
I never quite caught the how's and why's, but I imagine it had something to do with her gall stones and the Docs roto-rootering her guts to remove the gall bladder. Yep...good stuff.
As of now, she's resting "comfortably" and preparing herself for her eventual discharge.

As for the kids, I guess they're doing as well as can be expected.
Some of Vince's anxious ticks have returned. (Collar-chewing and Nail-biting.)
As for Amy, I think she's finally getting used to me. Her nighttime cries aren't as harrowing as before and she's finally getting used to me at night.
...In fact, she woke up last night to make sure I was still nearby before drifting back to sleep.
Eureka, I've been accepted into her culture!

In regards to classes and other school responsibilities, I've been in touch with all my bosses and professors. And so far, everyone has been cool with my family's predicament.
It pays to be a good student!


Nonetheless, I'm worried about falling behind. And the fact that I can't work is a bit of a burden, too. I guess my report to you, dear readers, is that we're holding steady....for now.

The only unknown is Lisa's recovery time.
I'm not too sure we can keep this routine going for long.


CRAP! What the heck am I going to do about scouts?!?

2 comments:

James Family said...

Yikes! Not fun.
I remember when John was doing his bach. and I had,let's see- c-section, gallbladder, appendix, foot, tubaligation (sorry T.M.I.)all in one year, plus 2 children hospitalized (one a newborn, nearly died). It sucked MAJORLY but we lived through it (though his grades were never as good again as they were before all of that and Chloe-then 2- would growl at everyone who came near her).
I can honestly say, I think I understand just a little.
But my hands are tied since we are so far away. We can pray for you. I know that will help. Gollie! I'm sorry you guys are struggling.
Keep smiling and keep going. Don't give up and before you know it you will be looking back on this experience and nod your head and say phew! We made it!
Hug Lisa and the kids. And tell Lisa we wish her a quick recovery.
We love you guys,
Us James'

Annie said...

Hey Tom,

Just wanted to put it out there that if you need someone to at least watch the little guy while you're going through all this I am totally up for it--I miss him in my class anyway!

Shoot me an email if you need anything!

--Annie
schizoidali@gmail.com